Become a College Scout
You can become a college scout! Join the First State Preps Staff as a College Scout! Here is how you get started:
- Review the job information below.
- Fill out the First State Preps College Scout Qualification Form – Click Here
- The First State Preps Team will review your submitted Qualification Form.
- A First State Preps Staff Member will follow up with you after reviewing your Qualification Form to schedule an interview if we like your credentials.
- We will interview each candidate that we feel is qualified. 1st Interviews will happen via phone call. Followed by a second interview via Face to Face meeting.
Job Overview to Become a College Scout
We are seeking motivated individuals that share our passion for helping high school athletes with the college recruiting process. As a First State Preps scout, you will be relied upon to help student-athletes and their parents as they navigate the college recruiting process. If you are unorganized, dishonest, or lack motivation then do not apply to be a First State Preps Scout. As a scout, you are helping a student-athlete secure their futures; therefore, any candidate that is not willing to put in the work to make things happen then need not apply. Becoming a college scout has many rewards but it is hard work and you must have a passion for sports and helping young people to be successful. First State Preps is not an open enrollment recruiting organization so we require our scout to be diligent and critical in determining what athletes qualify for our program.
As a First State Preps Scout you must:
- You need to have the passion to help others
- You need to have access to high school athletes, travel club sports organizations, AAU programs
- You have to be willing to attend high school sporting events to scout new talent
- You need to have the ability to approach strangers, talk with coaches
- You have to be detailed-oriented, organized, hard-working, and accessible to student-athletes and parents
- Willing to possibly put on recruiting seminars in your area for teams, groups, schools and organizations
- Be Business minded and self motivated
- You must Love Sports!
Primary Role of a First State Preps College Scout
The Primary role of a First State Preps is to identify as many quality prospects as possible and personally evaluate those prospects in person or via evaluation video to assure athletically they can compete at the next level. We then make appointments to meet with those athletes and families to interview them in their homes. This allows us to begin to build a real connection with our athletes and their families, understand exactly where they are in the process and what needs to be done moving forward. The in home meeting is essential to what we do at First State Preps; its so important for our scouts to personally know the athlete and families we work with so we can better serve their needs. Our scouts are accessible 24/7 to the athletes they work with. During this critical meeting we also educate the family about the recruiting process and explain in great detail what First State Preps is all about assuring that by meetings end all questions, concerns etc have been answered in regards to the recruiting process and First State Preps.
The nature of our business requires a scout to wear many hats at once. He or she must be an analyst (evaluating talent), a flexible and effective communicator (speaking with a variety of socioeconomically diverse population), an educator (explaining the details of recruiting), and a solid business professional (the ability to enroll prospects). With these skills, a person can be an effective First State Preps Scout. Think you have what it takes to join the First State Preps team?
Fill out our First State Preps College Scout Qualification Form now!
*This is not a sales rep position. We are not sales reps, we are College Scouts. You’ll be trained to work with high school athletes during their college recruiting process. Please only fill out this form if you are interested in working with student-athletes.